BAY COUNTY CHURCHES
Gansser, Capt. Autgustus H., Bay
City, Michigan, editor and compiler
History of Bay County, Michigan and Representative Citizens
Published by Richmond & Arnold, Chicago, Illinois, 1905
Chapter XII contains histories of the various churches in Bay County.
Broadway Baptist Church - originally named the First Baptist Church of Portsmouth, it was formed at the home of Jesse Braddock in Portsmouth Township on June 15, 1858.
First Baptist Church
Patterson Memorial Baptist Church
Essexville Baptist Community Church
First Baptist Church of Bay City - Essexville
Swedish Baptist Church
Kawkawlin Baptist Church
First Congregational Church - formed in 1875. 900 Sixth Street at the corner of Van Buren, Bay City, Michigan.
Congregational Church - Essexville
First Church of Christ Scientist - from the Bay City Daily Times, July 20, 1929.
Church of Christ (Disciples)
Bay City, Michigan, 1884
By the Reverend A. A. Butler from the Pioneer Society of Michigan Reports of Counties, Towns, Etc.
Volume VII, pages 308 - 319. Detailed history of the establishment of the church, members and sacraments performed.
Clergyman's Private Register of the Rev. Ammi Merchant Lewis, Pastor of Trinity Church, Bay City from September 25, 1863 to September, 1865. The register contains communicants of the church, baptisms and burials performed by Rev. Lewis. After he resigned the Trinity Church post, he became the pastor for Mariner's Church in Detroit, Michigan.
Grace Protestant Episcopal Church
Zion Evangelical Church
Salem United Evangelical Church - Salem United Evangelical Brethren Church - formed in 1875.
The First Universalist Society
Anshei Chesed Hebrew Reform Congregation
Shaary Zedek Congregation
Temple Abraham - corner of Tenth and North Van Buren
Buchlein, enthaltenb Geschichte ber Ev.-Luth, St. Johannis-Gemeinde, 22 August
Jubilee celebration of the 25th anniversary of the organization of St. John's Evangelical German Lutheran church. The church was located on the corner of Alp and Jane streets. The text includes a history of the church written by it's pastor, the Rev. J. F. Henning.
Messiah Lutheran Church - established in 1885 as the Swedish Free Church.
St. Paul's German Lutheran Church - organized in 1848 by pioneers to the Saginaw valley from Franken, Germany. Rev. Frederick Sievers, pastor.
St. John's German Lutheran Church - Amelith
Bethel German Lutheran Church - organized in 1852 as the German Bethel Lutheran Society of Lower Saginaw
Immanuel Lutheran Church - established in 1852. 10th and Lincoln, Bay City, Michigan
Mt. Olive Lutheran Church
Pilgrim Lutheran Church
Trinity St. James German Lutheran Church - Munger
Zion German Lutheran Church
St. Bartholomeus German Lutheran Church
Madison Avenue Methodist Church - originally known as the First
Methodist Episcopal Church of Bay City, its' first pastor was the Rev. Chas.
Babcock in 1837; the church moved to Madison Avenue and Ninth Street in 1885.
The original church building was moved to Van Buren and Tenth streets where it
was used for the Hebrew Shaary Zedek Congregation.
Obituary of George Bradley - one of the first pastors of the original church. Missionary to the Indians
Obituary of Sophia Bradley - wife of George Bradley
Van Buren Methodist Church - organized in 1857 by German Methodists who moved to Bay City.
Fremont Avenue Methodist Church
Woodside Avenue Methodist Church
Central Methodist Church
First Methodist Episcopal Church - organized in 1866 as the Wenona Charge; the first pastor was the Rev. A. C. Shaw.
Thoburn Methodist Episcopal Church
Free Methodist Church
Auburn Methodist Episcopal Church
Roman Catholic Churches
Kostki Jubilee 1874 - 1925
Scanned images of the Jubilee book. Information on the parishoners may includes the date of their birth, where they were born and the year of immigration to the US.
Index to St. Stanislawa Kostki Jubilee
Historya Budowy - St. Stanislaus Church School Donation Record, 1915
Equivalent Christian or Given Names in English, Polish and German
Site gives you the translation of the Polish given name in English and German.
For example, Wladyslawa is commonly Charlotte in English.
St. James Catholic Church - established September 29, 1868 by the Rev.
F. Henry J. Schutjes. At its'
inception the church was primarily serving the Irish population of Bay City. Teaching nuns were from the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati. Original church was destroyed in the south end fire of July 25, 1892.
St. Joseph Catholic Church - off site history of the church by Delores Mailette. The church is located at 1005 Third Street, Bay City, Michigan. Founded 1850.
St. Boniface Church - German
Notre Dame de la Visitation
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Sacred Heart Church
Ste. Anne's Church
St. Anthony of Padua - off site history of the church and the people who founded it. The present church address is 4699 South Eleven Mile Road, Fisherville, Williams Township, Bay County, MI.
St. Hedwig - off site history of the church. Established 1911 as an off shoot of St. Stanislaus Church. 1504 S. Kiesel, Bay City, Michigan.
St. Mary's Church
St. Michael's Church
St. Vincent De Paul Church
Church of Bay City - founded in 1947 by Clara Trombly and friends.
906 N Chilson, Bay City, Michigan 48706
First Presbyterian Church, Bay City,
1881 - from the Pioneer Society of
TWENTY-FIFTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH AND SUNDAY-SCHOOL
[Extracts from a Sermon by Rev. J. Ambrose Wight, D. D., Pastor, May 1, 1881.] This church was organized in 1855 with the Rev. L. I. Root as pastor.
Westminster Presbyterian Church - 103 East Midland St., Bay City, Michigan, originally called the First Presbyterian Church of Bangor it was organized in 1863. The Rev. D. B. Campbell was the first missionary minister to serve the Bangor area.
Memorial Presbyterian Church - 312 Lafayette Street, Bay City, Michigan
Covenant Presbyterian Church
Munger Presbyterian Church
German Reformed Church
Swedish Free Mission Church
Seventh Day Adventist
Young Men's Christian Association
Young Women's Christian Association
Copyright © 2003 - 2019
all rights reserved of html coding and graphics by Donna Hoff-Grambau
Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site. Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.
This server space page is provided by Michigan Family History Network genealogical server.