Saginaw County Michigan


Richland Township Office
1140 N. Hemlock Road
Hemlock, Michigan 48626

History   Web Links    Cemeteries     Places    Schools


Hemlock - originally named Hemlock City in 1869 first settlers starting about 1865. The railroad and P.O. were established by 1869. Named after the Hemlock trees in the area.

Iva - This was a rural post office in 1894. 

Porters - Porter's Station in this township on Swan Creek.  Post office in 1868. See Randall below. 

Randall - This village formed after the opening of the Porter's Station post office in 1868. The post office here was name Randall. 

Dall P.O. - Is listed on the 1877 Plat Map in section 30. No other information is available. 

Back To Top



1881 Saginaw County History - entry for Richland Township. This section contains history of the pioneers, people who held office, first landowner list and biographies, etc.


Richland Twp. School Census Started from the original book of the superintendant. Have many more years of censuses and teacher contracts to enter. 



 Carolyn's Saginaw Images Site

Book 5 - West Side Cemetery, Freeland; St. Johannis, Frankentrost; Bethlehem Lutheran; Richland Twp.

Richland Lutheran Cemetery 
Located in Dice Road, between Hemlock and Raucholz Roads.
Timbertown Log Listing: 
Richland Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 17 4 Summer 1989
Richland Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 18 1 Fall 1989
Richland Lutheran cemetery, Hemlock Timbertown Log 17 2 Winter 1988
Richland Lutheran cemetery, Hemlock Timbertown Log 17 3 Spring 1989

Richland Township Cemetery 
A 14 acre plot located on the south side of M-46, 1/4 mile east of the village of Hemlock Section 27. The cemetery is owned by the township and burial records are held by the township clerk.

St. John's Lutheran Cemetery 
Established in 1896 on 20 acres located on Fordney Road between Ederer and Swan Creek Roads, south of the village of Hemlock.

St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery 
Established in 1896 on 40 acres located on M-46, 1 1/2 miles east of the village of Hemlock. The cemetery is owned by St. Mary Catholic Church which was founded in 1884. The records are held at the church office, 151 St Mary's Dr., Hemlock 48626-9614, Phone: (989) 642-5606, Fax (989) 642-5240.

This information compiled about the cemeteries of Saginaw County was taken from a number of resources by the previous county coordinators. Some of this information was compiled by the individual township supervisors of the county in the late 1960's and provided to us by Patrick Bohinski. 

Saginaw MIGenWeb Entries

Back To Top

  Web Links


Back To Top

Click here to go back

  Saginaw Site Index


This server space is provided by Michigan Family History Network genealogical server space.
Copyright © 2004-2013 all rights reserved of html coding and graphics by .  Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site.  Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.