Lakefield Township Clerk
2390 S. Merrill Rd.
Merrill, Michigan 48637

History    Web Links    Cemeteries    Places


Lakefield - The township was organized in 1875.  It's post office was established in 1892.

Galloway - Sits on the county line of Saginaw and Gratiot Co's. - First post office in 1883 and was in Saginaw Co. The post office reopened in 1889 but in Gratiot Co.  

Back To Top



1881 Saginaw County History - entry for Lakefield Township. This section contains history of the pioneers, people who held office, first landowner list and biographies, etc.


Carolyn's Saginaw Images Site

Sacred Heart Cemetery 
Established in 1904 on 5 acres at the corner of South Fenmore Road and Roosevelt Road in Section 9. The cemetery is owned by Sacred Heart Church. Records are held at Sacred Heart Church, 419 S. Midland Street, Merrill, Michigan 48637-0099, Phone: (989) 643-5366, Parish Center (989) 643-5940.

Lakefield Township Cemetery 
Established in 1891 on 8 acres located on S. Fenmore Road between Roosevelt and Lakefield Roads. The cemetery is owned by the township and the burial records are held at the township clerk's office.

This information compiled about the cemeteries of Saginaw County was taken from a number of resources by the previous county coordinators. Some of this information was compiled by the individual township supervisors of the county in the late 1960's and provided to us by Patrick Bohinski. 

Saginaw MIGenWeb Entries

Back To Top

  Web Links

Back To Top

Click here to go back

  Saginaw Site Index


This server space is provided by Michigan Family History Network genealogical server space.
Copyright © 2004-2013 all rights reserved of html coding and graphics by .  Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site.  Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.