Buena Vista Township Office
1160 S. Outer Drive
Saginaw, MI 48601
History Web Links Cemeteries Places
BUENA VISTA (Listed as a village in 1860 Gazetteer)
First land purchase was in 1823. The settlement grew around a mill owned by Curtis Emerson. First Post Office was started in 1868.
*East Saginaw - History with names from 1863-64.
Indian Town - No further history on the name of this area was found at present. May be due to the Crow Reverse nearby.
Crow Island - Crow Reserve land in 1858 atlas. Also on 1877 Plat Maps section 5.
1881 Saginaw County History - entry for Buena Vista. This section contains history of the pioneers, first landowners, people who held office and biographies.
Book 6 - Buena Vista Twp; Kochville Methodist; Owen; Bethel Lutheran; Frankenmuth Twp; St. John's Lutheran
Buena Vista Cemetery
*There is a small cemetery located on Outer Drive, north of Janes Road. The 1991 Michigan Cemetery Atlas does not show this cemetery.
This information compiled about the cemeteries of Saginaw County was taken from a number of resources by the previous county coordinators. Some of this information was compiled by the individual township supervisors of the county in the late 1960's and provided to us by Patrick Bohinski.
Copyright © 2004-2013 all rights reserved of html coding and graphics by . Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site. Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.