Saginaw County Michigan

Brady

Brady Township Clerk
Melissa Alcorn
14687 Fordney Rd.
Chesaning, MI 48616
989-845-6712

History   Web Links    Cemeteries    Places

Places

OAKLEY sometimes called MICKLEVILLE until 1868 when officially named listed as having a post office named MICKLEVILLE in the 1860 Michigan State Gazetteer - on M-52 and Ridge Rd. 

Brady Center - Located on Peet and S. Hemlock Rd.  First permanent settler was in 1842.  

Parshallburg (Havana) - Grist mill located here in 1887. Note: some books list this as being in Shiawassee Co. but it is in Saginaw Co. and about even and east of Oakley.

Racy or Racy's Corners - Small settlement first settled in 1842. Post office in 1894. 

Back To Top

History

1881 Saginaw County History - entry for Brady Township. This section contains history of the pioneers, first landowners, people who held office and biographies, etc.

Cemeteries

Carolyn's Saginaw Images Site

Griffus Cemetery   
Established in 1865 and is located in Section 9 on Baldwin Road. The cemetery is about 2 acres in size and owned by the township. The records are held at the township clerk's office. See 1877 Plat Map for location of Griffus property.

Ridge Road Cemetery 
Established in 1850. It is located in Section 32 on Ridge Road. The cemetery is about 7 acres in size and is owned by the township. Contact the township clerk's office for burial records.
  See 1877 Plat Map for location.
Ridge Road Cemetery - Brady Twp., Saginaw Co. transcription or another Book Transcription

Oak Grove Cemetery 
Established in 1850 and is located on Section 36 in the village of Oakley. It is about 12 acres in size and is owned by the township. Contact the township clerk's office for burial records.  See 1877 Plat Map for location.

Transcribed by Lois Palaszeski and published in  (1993) 
St. Michael's Cemetery and Oak Grove Cemetery, Oakley, MI. (1986)
Available at the Library of Michigan in Lansing, Michigan or purchase Book Transcription

St. Michael Catholic Cemetery - Located in the village of Oakley. It is about 3 acres in size. St. Michael Catholic Church, 509 Parshall St., Oakley, Michigan 48649-0075. Phone: (989) 845-3545, Fax (989) 845-5499 Book Transcription

This information compiled about the cemeteries of Saginaw County was taken from a number of resources by the previous county coordinators. Some of this information was compiled by the individual township supervisors of the county in the late 1960's and provided to us by Patrick Bohinski. 

Saginaw MIGenWeb Entries

Back To Top

  Web Links

 Brady Township School Daze - yearbook photos


Back To Top

Click here to go back

  Saginaw Site Index

THIS SITE IS PART OF THE MIGENWEB PROJECT

This server space is provided by Michigan Family History Network genealogical server space.
Copyright © 2004-2013 all rights reserved of html coding and graphics by .  Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site.  Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.