Brady Township Clerk
14687 Fordney Rd.
Chesaning, MI 48616
History Web Links Cemeteries Places
OAKLEY sometimes called MICKLEVILLE until 1868 when officially named – listed as having a post office named MICKLEVILLE in the 1860 Michigan State Gazetteer - on M-52 and Ridge Rd.
Brady Center - Located on Peet and S. Hemlock Rd. First permanent settler was in 1842.
Parshallburg (Havana) - Grist mill located here in 1887. Note: some books list this as being in Shiawassee Co. but it is in Saginaw Co. and about even and east of Oakley.
Racy or Racy's Corners - Small settlement first settled in 1842. Post office in 1894.
|1881 Saginaw County History - entry for Brady Township. This section contains history of the pioneers, first landowners, people who held office and biographies, etc.|
Ridge Road Cemetery
Oak Grove Cemetery
Transcribed by Lois Palaszeski and published in (1993)
St. Michael Catholic Cemetery - Located in the village of Oakley. It is about 3 acres in size. St. Michael Catholic Church, 509 Parshall St., Oakley, Michigan 48649-0075. Phone: (989) 845-3545, Fax (989) 845-5499 Book Transcription
This information compiled about the cemeteries of Saginaw County was taken from a number of resources by the previous county coordinators. Some of this information was compiled by the individual township supervisors of the county in the late 1960's and provided to us by Patrick Bohinski.
Copyright © 2004-2013 all rights reserved of html coding and graphics by . Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site. Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.