According to Isaac Fancher, Cahoonís plat was laid out September 1, 1873 by John Cahoon and wife and was located on the north half of the northeast quarter of section 6 in the township of Sherman, and consisted of 17 blocks with one hundred and thirty lots. It was located on the Chippewa river with the principal part on the east side. It was a good place to build a city.
The city was located 25 miles northwest of Mt. Pleasant. The nearest railroad station was 16 miles north in Farwell.
The 1884 population was 117 and the 1910 population was 200. During itís peak there was a hardware and general store.
Present RFD is Lake, Michigan.
1999 - 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Volunteers hold copyright to the material they have donated for this site. Not to be copied and used in any format to any other site or in any other media.
THIS SITE IS PART OF THE MIGENWEB PROJECT
MIGenWeb Official Notices and Disclaimer
This server space page is provided by Michigan Family History Network genealogical server.